Skip to main content

Resting Assured In Who I am in Christ!

Yesterday afternoon I had the most amazing luxury...time alone! For 20+ minutes I was all alone in the van. As a busy homeschooling mom of 3 that doesn't happen very often! I was so thankful to be able to use most of the time praying out loud to my Abba Father. What incredible peace and joy comes from those moments!

I love how God is teaching me right now. What I came to realize yesterday, is that God is requiring something of me that He's been teaching me my whole life. Something that applies to almost every area of my life! He wanted it when I was a sad & lonely high schooler, He wanted it when I was trying to find my place in life those long & lonely years after college, He wants it every time I start to question who my friends really are. God wants me to want Him. To want Him more than I want anything else in life. To care about what He thinks of me, and not what anyone else does. He wants to be enough. Wow!

In a current situation we're walking through as a family, it would be very easy to think we need to justify ourselves to others. To not let certain things go unresponded to. To make sure that the truth is understood. But what God's asking us to do, is to let Him handle it. To keep our mouths shut. To only care about what HE thinks, and not what anyone else does. It takes a lot of grace, forgiveness, humility, and trust. Some moments in the day I do really well. Others, not so much. But God is really making His wishes clear. What a blessing that is!

A friend reminded me yesterday of how many times Jesus was treated unfairly, yet He said nothing. Who am I to think that I have the right to act any differently? Certainly my circumstances will never come close to what Jesus endured. Any time we're confused about how to walk out our faith, we should always look to see Jesus' example. We'll never do it perfectly, but He gives us a clear example of what to strive for. He was tempted in many ways, yet He never sinned. He felt all the emotions we do, yet He kept His focus on the Father's plans. Just what we're supposed to do.

There is a lot going on in my life right now. Lots of changes and growth opportunities. Lots of chances to rely totally in my relationship with the Lord! What I love so much right now, is that the more I reach out to Him the more He pulls me closer to Himself. The more He reveals His wishes. The more He surrounds me with peace. Isn't it amazing that the Creator of the universe has THAT personal of a relationship with us?! Mind blowing.

Praise the Lord that I know who I am in Him! My confidence comes, not through my relationships (with people or food or anything else), nor through my personal achievements or earthly successes. My confidence comes because I'm a daughter of the King of Kings! May I never forget that for a second. And may you never forget it either.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye

Life is rather surreal right now. Hard to believe this moment is actually here: my Dad is dying. Even though his quality of life has been diminishing over the last year or so, it's still hard to grasp that we're actually in this place. Hospice care. Hospital bed in my parents' living room. Trying to figure out how to let him go. Just 10 days ago he was still walking to the bathroom. Eating. Taking his breathing treatments. Taking all his meds. Interacting with life.  Living the best version of his 85-year-old self. And seemingly overnight - things changed. It's like he just got tired of it all. He just didn't have the energy to do this one. more. year. When Mom and I walked into his hospital room on December 4th - he was angry. Agitated. "Done with this." And so, since then, we've been learning how to say Goodbye. Learning how to give him the best quality of life at home that he can have in the time he has left. Learning how to let him go. Husband

Getting Back On Track

Haven't written a post since November, and I'm kind of chuckling to myself as I read what that post was about. It was ALL about handling "busy." So how'd I do?? FAIL! This past school year was a real struggle for me. It was one of those years where I constantly questioned whether ANYTHING I was doing was right. Every aspect of my life felt out. of. control. Due to the level of busy and my introverted self never getting time to re-charge - my emotional eating kicked back into HIGH gear. My desire to exercise and eat right went out the window. And now, here I am. Trying to let go of the shame and the guilt and the depression and trying to get my health journey back on track. And so...I must write. Weight Loss is ALL in Your Head Yes, you read that right. I'm here to tell you with 100% confidence - you'll never lose weight if you don't have your head on straight. Never. Now, of course, the WAY in which we choose to lose weight is important. An

Mom Moments

Mom. It's the title I'm most proud of. The biggest blessing I've ever experienced. My daily prayer is that I don't screw this up. Well, not exactly, but I most certainly want to get this right! Life is fleeting. Time with these precious beings living under our roof will be gone before we want it to be. God has given us these little blessings, and therefore we have a responsibility to train them up according to His will. I do NOT recommend taking this motherhood thing lightly. God's Word has a lot to say about training up our kids and not leading them astray. Some days, the whole thing can feel pretty overwhelming! Today, I'm just enjoying my kids. Preparing to spend time in the pool as the heat index reaches 100+ this afternoon. Thinking about some fun mom moments from the past week. Wanting to just savor some of the recent blessings just a little bit longer. Here's one of my favorites: last Friday I was at the Speak Up! Conference and left the hous