Skip to main content

Overwhelmed with God's Love!

I'm feeling overwhelmed today. But in a good way. Blessed by how much God has been speaking to my heart lately. Overwhelmed with all He's telling me. But excited for what lies ahead. (And then back to overwhelmed for the length & difficulty of the trip.) But, yes, overwhelmed with goodness.

Overwhelmed with God's blessings. His provisions. Provisions that come in all sorts of shapes and sizes:
  • financial
  • friends
  • encouragement from others
  • mental victories (a minute-by-minute struggle most days)
  • Biblical ah-hah moments (many related to my "Made to Crave" study)
  • laughter (oh how laughter heals my soul!)
The list could go on. The Bible says that: "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." (James 1:17) 

Every gift. Wow! I want to park here and really absorb the wonderful-ness of this verse. God loves us SO much, that he blesses us with gifts. Just like we, as parents, like to surprise our kids with something they've been wanting. Our gracious and loving heavenly Father loves to shower us with gifts we may not even know we needed! But He gives them to us at JUST the right moment. All we have to do is open our eyes to them.

Let's take a moment right now to ponder our blessings. From the BIG to the small. Every. Single. One.

Are you overwhelmed with His love right now? I hope so.

So tonight is week 2 of the Made to Crave Bible study I'm hosting in my home. God has really blessed me with this group of ladies that has chosen to join me on this journey. In fact, I almost feel like maybe I need them to join me on the journey more than they need to be on it themselves. But, of course, God brought them to the study for a very specific purpose. Perhaps some of them will be surprised what God reveals to them over the next few weeks. I am honored to have them as fellow sojourners on this very personal journey.

What about you? Have you been reading "Made to Crave"? Watching the webcasts? What has God already spoken to you about? Were you surprised by it?

I will try to find time this weekend to share more of my MTC ah-hah moments. There have been many. I expect there will be many more. Oh, and as of the other day, my total weight loss is up to 25 pounds! But the naysayer voice in my head still would have me to believe that this time is just like all the others. That voice would really like to get me to fall off the bandwagon since I'm going through some sore knee issues (still). But I will cling to the Truth. Even if it's just by a thread. I'll keep clinging. I know that the road ahead is going to be long, but the victory is already mine. I can't quite hang the victory banner and proclaim the battle over...because on my end, it's far from over. But thanks to God...victory IS mine. As Pastor Steven Furtick
said on Lysa's webcast this week, "Our identity in Christ must precede any activity."

In other words: claim this mental battle against the enemy and all his lies a victory! Claim it now! Then, once we're secure in WHO we are in Christ, we will successfully put forth the required "activity" to make the physical victory happen.

Claim it, sisters! Let's stand tall and strong and hold onto the TRUTH.

I Corinthians 15:58 ~ Stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

And all my blog-readin' girlfriends said: "Amen!"

Comments

  1. Love hereing about God's work in your life... keep standing on His Word! Love you!
    -chippy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, sister, Amen! You preach it, girl! I think there's a book in there! :)
    Love to you~
    Cindy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need the you and the group! Thank you for taking on God's challenge to lead us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye

Life is rather surreal right now. Hard to believe this moment is actually here: my Dad is dying. Even though his quality of life has been diminishing over the last year or so, it's still hard to grasp that we're actually in this place. Hospice care. Hospital bed in my parents' living room. Trying to figure out how to let him go. Just 10 days ago he was still walking to the bathroom. Eating. Taking his breathing treatments. Taking all his meds. Interacting with life.  Living the best version of his 85-year-old self. And seemingly overnight - things changed. It's like he just got tired of it all. He just didn't have the energy to do this one. more. year. When Mom and I walked into his hospital room on December 4th - he was angry. Agitated. "Done with this." And so, since then, we've been learning how to say Goodbye. Learning how to give him the best quality of life at home that he can have in the time he has left. Learning how to let him go. Husband

Getting Back On Track

Haven't written a post since November, and I'm kind of chuckling to myself as I read what that post was about. It was ALL about handling "busy." So how'd I do?? FAIL! This past school year was a real struggle for me. It was one of those years where I constantly questioned whether ANYTHING I was doing was right. Every aspect of my life felt out. of. control. Due to the level of busy and my introverted self never getting time to re-charge - my emotional eating kicked back into HIGH gear. My desire to exercise and eat right went out the window. And now, here I am. Trying to let go of the shame and the guilt and the depression and trying to get my health journey back on track. And so...I must write. Weight Loss is ALL in Your Head Yes, you read that right. I'm here to tell you with 100% confidence - you'll never lose weight if you don't have your head on straight. Never. Now, of course, the WAY in which we choose to lose weight is important. An

Cautiously Optimistic

2020 has been the year of EVERYTHING being cancelled. Am I right?  All the things we have been looking forward to since mid-March have not happened. So here we are, one week out from Thanksgiving & Luke's first basketball tournament...and all I can be is "cautiously optimistic" that things will go as planned. I can't really be excited. I mean, we were literally on the road heading towards his MAC Tournament game on March 12th when we found out the tournament had been cancelled. Every time we've gotten our hopes up that something was going to happen this year, it has been snatched away from us. So "cautiously optimistic" is the best I can do at this point. Luke called me yesterday to give me an update on some things, and I 100% expected him to tell me we were no longer allowed to attend. Thankfully, he didn't. He just shared that we aren't allowed to talk to him inside of the arena at any games this year. 'Cuz you know, talking to someone